Required information and documents
The following documents and information must be uploaded or entered directly in our online application tool during the application period:
- Proof of your studies:
- Certificate of the Bachelor’s degree with a proof of the (final) average grade and explanation of the grading scale. The grading scale must give evidence of the minimum pass-grade required as well as the maximum achievable grade in the subject concerned. Please note that we have to reject applications without a proof of average grade and grading scale certified by your examination office!
- Outline of lecture courses and/or transcripts of records of the courses you have attended. If your transcript of records lists all course names, this is sufficient. You do not need to add syllabi.
- If your documents are not in German or English an official translation has to be additionally provided.
- If you have not yet finished your Bachelor’s studies at the time of your application, please provide an official transcript of all examination results to date and an overall weighted average grade certified by your university's examination office. In case you fulfill all the requirements you will receive a conditional admission offer depending on your final grade . Please note that at the time of your application you must have completed at least 75 % of the requirements of your Bachelor's curriculum (in the case of a 180 ECTS course this would be 135 ECTS points).
- Evidence of sufficient knowledge of English:
- proven either by a university degree of an English-language institution of higher education
- or by either a TOEFL total score of at least 80 points (iBT) or an academic IELTS overall band score of 6.5 points. (screenshot or scan of the test result is sufficient s long as it is clearly identifiable to be yours)
- No other proofs of sufficient command of English can be accepted.
- If you are not able to provide your TOEFL/IELTS score at the time of application you may upload an informal petition instead via our online-tool, sying that you are going to hand in your result after the application deadline via email. (Deadline: August 31st).
- Curriculum Vitae:
- Please upload your current CV in English language
- Motivation Letter:
- Please be prepared to provide a motivation letter in English with a length of 2,000 to 3,000 characters. The letter should describe your goals in pursuing graduate studies and in particular why you would like to complete the Master’s Program in Economics at LMU Munich. The letter has to be inserted in the prepared text field in our online application tool.
- We do not accept applications after the deadline.
- Documents provided by email/mail or handed in personally will not be taken into account.
- GRE/GMAT are NOT required for application.
- Letters of reference are NOT considered for application
- Incomplete applications cannot be processed.
- If your application is rejected, you can apply again in the next application period.